On Behalf of GHSA Executive Director, Dr. Robin Hines:
- After yesterday’s meeting, I have decided to implement the guidance listed below. Thanks and contact me with any questions or comments.
Football: (Due to high risk and physical contact)
- Continue to practice as outlined in previous guidance so athletes and staff will be in a controlled environment
- First Football Game is September 4th, as previously voted on by the GHSA Board of Trustees on July 20, 2020
- Eliminate preseason scrimmage game(s) but continue practice with players in the controlled environment
Cheerleading: (Due to high risk of indoor packed arena(s) which do not allow for social distancing)
- Continue to practice as outlined in previous guidance so practice will be in a controlled environment
- Adjust the competition season to align with the proposed new dates for Region and State Championship
- Dates will be published when venue(s) are secured to best accommodate the needs of cheerleading
- Tentative first date for competitions would be November 21, 2020
- Tentative State Cheerleading Finals would be February 26-27, 2020
One Act Play: (Due to risk of indoor venues and aerosol spray from projection and singers)
- Tentative move to spring semester, details will be forwarded soon.